Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hootie: A Concert Review

Hootie & the Blowfish played Hanover Insurance Park at Fitton Field [home of the Worcester Tornadoes] on Saturday night and put on a great show. The park is quite small but is excellent for concerts, only if they could tear down Route 290 which is all you can see when you look over the fence in left field - Big Dig Part 2??? Anyway, Darius and the boys put on a really good 90 minute show covering some new tracks from their latest release Looking For Lucky as well as their classics like Time, Hold My Hand, and Let Her Cry. The highlight of the show was the final set which included a jam session style cover of Mustang Sally and a great version of I Only Want To Be With You including Add It Up thrown in at the song break near the end. The only other song I wished they played was their cover of Zeppelin's Hey Hey What Can I Do? - just a personal favorite of mine, plus the show could have gone more toward the 2 hour mark.

All in all, a really good show and I would offer to Hootie & The Blowfish to be the house band for ANP08. I'm sure the white house has room for them and wouldn't official state events be livelier with good ole southern boys playing the room? I think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home