Friday, June 30, 2006

Equipment Part 4: Accessories

I swear by three key accessories: Hat/Visor, Smart ID and the formerly popular rubber bracelet. My favorite lid these days is a Nike DriFit Visor which features a Dri-fit UV twill fabric Dri-fit fabric transports moisture from your skin to the fabric's surface for rapid evaporation, keeping you dry, cool and comfortable. Well at least that's what Nike says. Also important for every runner is some identification while out there and I [was given my first and still use today] a SmartID tag which straps to your shoe. This tag is great. Lightweight, reflective and carries all of your contact information in the case of an emergency. The thing I really love about this tag is it not only covers your name, address and emergency contact person but little things like blood type, allergies, contact wearer, and medications you are using. I would not run again without some ID. Lastly, I still wear my Livestrong or MS Hope bracelets while I run. I find them to be a fashion statement and a reminder of how great it is to be so healthy. For all of you out there that have a bracelet or two lying around and you no longer want them, just let me know and I'll wear 'em for miles and miles.

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger TheWino said...

You Bet Your Sweet Ass!

 
At 7:33 PM, May 17, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to my father who informed me on the topic of this website, this web site is truly awesome.


My blog post ... cccam new version

 

Post a Comment

<< Home