Wednesday, April 19, 2006

New Watch

So it's my 35th birthday, we are on a cruise to the warm southern caribbean and I was looking for a new watch. In St. Thomas we looked in several stores and found many expensive watches and this one guy tried to convince me that a $3500 watch was a good purchase because, in his words, "Everybody has a Rolex". I really wanted to try it on because I wanted to see what a big [in this case huge watch] would look on my wrist. I wish I could remember the manufacturer's name. Anyway, the watch was really cool but 3500, no way.

So back on the ship they had a watch sale and so I bought myself a watch. A really slick looking $10 watch. So I wear my new 10 dollar watch to dinner and Garry from Canada comments that he has the exact same watch and did I know where the design came from. Honestly I hadn't and he told me it was the Men In Black watch and he got his when the movie came out back in 1997 at a cost of $250. Well the next night we both wore or MIB watches and they were almost identical, except mine was a bit larger [and less expensive, which happens when you get a knock off]. So in the immortal words of Chief Zed "Let's put it on... The last suit you'll ever wear. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home