Sunday, April 09, 2006

Lucky Number Slevin Movie Review

On Saturday night, Lisa and I took in Lucky Number Slevin staring Bruce Willis, Josh Hartnett, Morgan Freeman, Stanley Tucci and Sir Ben Kingsley. We went to see Inside Man but the 7:20 showing was sold out, which is odd since it only made 9 Million and was 4th in the box office. I guess it was only overly popular in Bellingham this week. Anyway, Lucky Number Slevin is a interesting movie blending several styles of movies such as Pulp Fiction, The Usual Suspects and the The Sixth Sign [although not as good as those movies] where the movie gives you bits of information, which at the time do not seem to makes sense, but it pulls it all together in the end. I was surprised but the level of violence in the movie but being a film about gangsters it should have been expected. This was my favorite Josh Hartnett performance to date and Bruce was, well, Bruce. Morgan Freeman played a bit to soft for me being The Boss and Ben Kingsly's rambling Rabbi character I could have done without. All in all, I give Lucky Number Slevin 3.5 out of 5 stars. Good [and worth seeing] but not great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home