Tuesday, April 18, 2006

110th Boston Marathon

For the first time, I went to the starting line of the marathon and it was awesome [and motivating]. I actually biked from home to Hopkinton [which wasn't bad since route 85 was basically closed off]. Once there, the town park had a carnival atmosphere with Fried Dough, French Fries and Italian Sausage for sale. Many of the runners were walking around trying to stay loose and soaking in all of the starting line environment. Meet two nice guys from California who were running for Team Hoyt, who I got to see at the starting line. At race time, the streets swelled with cheering fans and we encouraged the runners [starting with the wheelchair division, through the elite men and women and finally to the general field] to run off to Boston. It was great to see all of those folks getting out there and attempting to conquer probably the hardest marathon in the world. It is really encouraging for me as I begin to prepare for my own this fall. The only downside to yesterday was I got lost on my way home and ended up in Holliston and rode several miles out of my way. Oh well, at least I got some good exercise on a beautiful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home