Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Idol, The Morning After The Movies

Idol at the movies gives the contestants a chance to sing songs from films and with Quentin Tarantino as the mentor but it's bound to be frantic at times. I have to say I was not overly thrilled with the mentor choice but it seems like he gave the idols a bit more actual direction then other musical types, which is very cool.

Allison Iraheta - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

Started off a bit choppy and got better as the song went on. Unfortunately, I feel like this was just a good copy of the original. I would have liked to hear her do something not so orchestra based.

Anoop Desai - (Everything I Do) I Do It for You

I think Anoop is really starting to take this seriously. In this case, I liked he didn't do much to the music and what was his take was his slightly drawn out vocals. Another week with good execution of his own melody.

Adam Lambert - Born to Be Wild

I liked most of his vocals, save the really high screaming parts. Cool arrangement where the band looked like they were really having fun. He again puts on the performance that the crowd loved [and some will hate].

Matt Giraud - Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?

Good vocals but not great. Lost it a bit in the middle but the piano work sounded [and looked] great. Maybe just not a great song choice for the funk soul brother. Matt could really be in trouble this week.

Danny Gokey - Endless Love

Grabbed, Wowed, and Slayed. Really liked his vocals on a very pretty song which did get better as it want along. I too would have liked to see a little more unique arrangement but a straight cover was still really good.

Kris Allen - Falling Slowly

The only song I didn't know, which might be unfair in comparison. Kris's vocals were spot on to the music and he sang it so softly. I was a bit bored but his tone made it totally listenable.

Lil Rounds - The Rose

For a girl with huge, powerful voice Lil showed great restraint holding back her power in both the beginning and the end. I thought her soulful twists were good but could have been great with maybe a different song selection.

Cream Of The Crop: Anoop, Adam, and Danny
Bottom Of The Barrel: Matt and Lil
Should Go Home: Lil
Will Go Home: Matt

Will He/She Be Saved: We are getting close to where they can no longer save anyone so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the week they decide to save someone like Matt.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home