Thursday, April 02, 2009

Last day down

On May 31st in 2006, I posted here about finishing my first day of employment with Kubotek USA so it is only fitting that I note the end of my employment. Today I was let go because of downsizing and reconfiguration of the business. It is sad to be asked to leave on very short notice for a job you enjoy and from people that you have worked with over the past 2.5+ years without much of an opportunity to say thank you and goodbye. But I do understand the needs of the business and something had to be done to get the sales and cash flow back on track, it's just too bad I had to be sacrificed in the process along with 3 co-workers. Typically a 4 person layoff doesn't sound too bad but if you think of it as 10% of the work force, it tends to give you pause.

Anyway, for those I didn't get the chance to personally see before my departure, let me say it now - Thank you for working with me and good luck with all of your future endeavors. My next job is too look for a job. Anyone hiring a Customer Service/Technical Support Manager here in Massachusetts?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, April 02, 2009, Anonymous J-Man said...

This makes me think that the firm's days are numbered, as you don't just go eliminating departments unless you plan to sell technology and assets to someone else. Pity, they lost a good one in you Wino!

 
At 10:08 AM, April 08, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee Lee said...

The BIG MAN has better things in store for you Wino. As one wino said to the other wino:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

All my love and support!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home