Monday, April 13, 2009

Rebuilding The System

After 6 years of using [and abusing] my pc, it was finally time to reinstall the operating system. Moving of all of my data from the on-board hard drive to the USB hard drive took most of the morning, mostly because I have been lazy over the years with my locally stored data. But what a time saver having a 250 GB portable drive makes. No cd back ups at all. Next came the drive format which I think is key in a reinstall to get you back to nothingness. Then I turned to my XP reinstall disk and watched that work for the next 30 minutes. And then the real work begins. Drivers, my wireless card, Firefox, anti-virus, Plug-Ins, Office. You just don't realize how much software you have installed over the years because it is all just there for you. I stopped last night with a long list of items to install today like WinAMP, Sonic Recorder, and Photoshop. Now if I can just figure out why I have no sound, I'd be in business.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home