Monday, April 20, 2009

133th Boston Marathon

1 year ago I was a participant and this year I had the privileged to cheer on the runners from the finish line side of the Mass Ave underpass. It was great to watch history with Ernst Van Dyk's 8th win, to witness the three way battle between Salina Kosgei, Dire Tune and Kara Goucher and to see Deriba Merga power his way to the finish. As with any major spectator event, there is always some interesting marketing ploy and this year did not disappoint, see picture below:



It was really great to walk out from a Comm Ave apartment. watch the runners go on by and then return to the stoop to grill up some delicious food. I am now looking forward to next year's marathon experience.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, April 22, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me wanna eat a Kentucky Grilled Chicken. Let's face it, KFC is awesome cuz of the crunchy skin, perfectly fried with tender juicy meat...now you want to grill it? I'll just get the same thing at McD's! If I recall their mantra, it was free grilled chicken on Monday :) Check it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home