Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hard Rock Really Cares

Staying at the Hard Rock in San Diego during my trip to Comic-Con was really nice. The hotel was very Hard Rockish [posters, guitars, outfits, ect] and the staff was great. After my stay there, I was sent an email for an online survey. I completed the survey and gave the hotel and staff high remakes. The only thing I pointed out as less then satisfied with, which I prefaced with some level of understanding, was being asked to wait outside the elevator bank while a large group was waiting for an elevator. Now I was not able to see who was there, but I can say that there were as many as 6 people with 3 or 4 security folks, so it totally screams big-time personality. Anyway, I commented on the survey that being guests and adults, I thought this type of extra security was unnecessary. I didn't think much of this comment at the time, expect that was how I felt [especially giving the people we were going to meet over the next few days], but this morning I received an email for the hotel manager, which read in part:

"As Hotel Manager, I take total responsibility of what transpired and personally apologize. I am saddened that your stay was not flawless. We take tremendous pride in delivering Service Excellence to every guest, and in this case, it is apparent we failed.

I have communicated your concerns to the Director of Security, to ensure this issue does not re-occur in the future. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused with the added security during the Comic Con Convention. It is this type of honest feedback that allows us to examine our current training and procedures and make the necessary changes to not only meet, but also exceed our guests’ expectations."


It is refreshing to see a company listen to the customers and I think it is this kind of attention that will help the Hard Rock Hotel chain to grow in the US.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, August 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee Lee said...
Maybe Verizon should hire this manager to kick up their customer satisfaction scores. This guy ROCKS! Niceeeeeeeeeee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home