Friday, July 25, 2008

Comic-Con Day 3: Will it ever end?

If I had thought the first full day was full, I had no idea how busy we could really be. The line, of course, did not relent for a 3rd straight day but today the orders began to get smaller, more families and less resellers and hardcore collectors. Today is the day we began to run out of items and specifically the Comic-Con Exclusive Blue Suited Cobra Commander. Working the register next to the line that wrapped into our queue had it's pluses and minuses. On the down side, we were constantly asked by people waiting in line [who were alt east 20 minutes from actually purchasing] if we had something in stock or is we had any worksheets or how much things cost. Usually this was fine except for those who insisted on interrupting us while we tried to complete a purchase. On the up side we got to talk to people as they waited, which was cool, and in one case see a person who really wanted the Blue Cobra and genuinely wanted it for himself. I told him that we had some but not sure how long they would last. Well wouldn't you know it, 20 minutes later I see the same gentlemen waiting just 3 people beyond the front of the line when we finally ran out of the Blue Cobra's for the entire show. Knowing had badly this man wanted his toy, I grabbed the last one of the shelf and held it at my register. He didn't end up at my station but as he walked to register 3, I handed my buddy the last one and asked him to sell it to this guy. All I can say is he left our booth with a big smile and a misty look in his eyes. That made the day worthwhile. For the day my register processes 714 orders. A whopping of 71 per hour - a new customer every 50.4 seconds!

After the long day, we grabbed a quick dinner and then I went back to the hotel for a 2 hour nap. Which was great because I'm not sure I could have handled the backed Basic club and the jumping dance music without it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home