Thursday, July 24, 2008

Comic-Con Day 2: Full Power

The first full day of the Con was just that - Full. Like yesterday, the line at the booth was full and it did not relent over the entire 10 hours the show was open. The morning continued to bring the collectors/resellers and orders so large, they couldn't be physically carried away by an individual. As the day went on, the orders began to get smaller but still continued briskly. It turned out to the busiest day of the whole show with very little downtime. Working a cash register, you get to meet lots of nice people and me and Jess [the one who handled the transaction while I picked products and bagged them up] had 418 customers. That's an average of 41 per hour - a new customer every 1 minute and 21.1 seconds. The oddest thing that happened was the last customer of the day offered me $100 to sell him the Cobra Commander - Blue Suit that was on our display shelf, which had run out of stock earlier in the day. I thought about it for a second but told him that I couldn't.

At 5 pm I did attempt to get to the Dexter panel, that was held at 5:45 however when I walked up to the ballroom, the line wrapped out of sight. I followed the line around the ballroom and into a queue when a Comic-Con rep told me [and the people walking in front of me or behind me] that the line was already too long and the room was full. I was bummed and I made another unsuccessful trip around the line looking for someone I could trade my shirt with for a spot in line but alas, no takers. Sorry I missed you Dexter, please don't kill me.

After this kind of day, we deserved a nice night out which consisted of Mexican food [unfortunately we were not seated in the famed Boom Boom Room] and a piano bar, which included a Wedding Singer medley which was awesome. What a day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home