Saturday, July 26, 2008

Comic-Con Day 4: Celebrities everywhere

Yeah it was another busy day in the booth and we never stopped ringing all morning but in the early afternoon, the booth got a surprise visitor. In through the back door walks in this guy wearing a V for Vendetta mask and it's none other then The Method Man.


My main man Steve's absolute favorite hip hop artist and he got to briefly chat with him and get his John Hancock. That was cool. While The Method was in the booth we went down to 1 register. It was kinda of funny to see so little being purchased for those 10 minutes. After that I got a chance to really walk the floor and that's where I saw Hayden "Save the cheerleader..." Panettiere, Jonathan "Number 1" Frakes, Don "Hollywood" Yates, and John "Harold" Cho & Kal "Kumar" Penn.

Having to catch a plane home, we got out of the show early for a quick dinner at Dick's Last Resort and then returned to the hotel to fetch our bags. I noticed the Entertainment Weekly backdrop at the entrance to our hotel, where they were hosting a party later that night. On the way up to the room, I held open the elevator for a few people who were waiting behinds us. With my back to them I asked what floor they were headed to. When the gentleman said 4, I noticed he has a British accent and to his request for floor 4 I replied that with his accent he must be a local. He laughed and said that this was his first time in San Diego. It was at the moment that I released he was no other than Bill "Davy Jones" Nighy to which I casually commented that I was a fan of his films. He stepped forward and said thank you and shook my hand. As he and his party exited the elevator, who did I spot walking over [and obviously waiting for a car down] was Mr. Comic Book himself, Stan Lee. Once we retrieved our luggage we returned tot he lobby where we ran into Zachary "Chuck" Levi who was kind enough to talk with us for several minutes about his show and the up coming season.


He was genuinely a very nice person and came off as oh so thankful to be an actor on a popular show. Thanks for the picture Zach! On the way out the Hard Rock front door, who was walking in but none other than Seth "Knocked Up" Rogan who stopped and said a quick hello as we walked out. Mind blowing - I met more actors in the last 10 minutes of Comic-Con than I have in my whole life. Very cool way to end the trip.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home