Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Idol Finals: The Morning After

Overall I did not like whole boxing vibe [especially Jim Lampley] of the show last performance night, except for Michael Buffer of course. The David's have three songs to win your vote to be crowned King of the Nokia Theater with the guidance of Clive Davis and Andrew Llyod Webber. So without further ado, Let's get ready to rumble...

David Cook

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For | U2 (Clive Davis's choice)

With all due respect Mr. Davis, I'm not sure if this was the best song choice for Cookie. I think he did pretty good with the song and it was a solid first song but not a home run.

Dream Big | written by Emily Shackelton (contestant's choice new song)

This song gives the whole world an idea of what a David Cook record would sound like. I really liked the song as a whole until the very last huge note, which was unnecessary. Another solid performance.

The World I Know | Collective Soul (contestant's choice)

I love this song but I wasn't real big on the much slower tempo Cook but on it. I have to agree with Simon [as I said last week] I think a revival of Billie Jean would have a better choice. Over all it was another cool and solid song.

David Archuleta

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me | Elton John (Clive Davis's choice)

Now that's a good choice Mr. Davis. Archie was right in his element with this piano-driven run-laden classic song. I hope all those tweeny voters enjoy mid-70's Elton John songs.

Round one goes to little David.

In This Moment | written by Ryan Gillmor (contestant's choice new song)

Anchor boy gave you what his album would sound like, and for me, it is not something I would ever purchase. That being said, it was a nice song but not very moving.

Round two is a tie.

Imagine | John Lennon (contestant's choice)

Even though I knew he would do this song again, I felt this version was worse than his week 2 version. Just stop ruining a true classic which was written and song so simply and beautifully.

Round three is another tie.

Who should win: David Cook
Who will win: David Archuleta
Who will have the longer career: David Cook

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, May 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, the Gen Xers came out and actually voted for something! You go David Cook!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home