Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Idol Top 3: The Morning After

This week we get the ever famous Pick 3 Week - Judge's Choice, Contestant's Choice and Producer's Choice. Hopefully we will get some interesting [and contestant centric] song choices.

David A.:

And So It Goes - Billy Joel (Paula's Choice)

Nice [and rather predictable] rendition of a semi-obscure Billy track. Nothing exciting.

With You - Chris Brown (Contestant's Choice)

Glad to hear a different style of song, just not sure this was a good choice. It could be too contemporary for David. He started booful but ended ok. Note to David's dad, tell him not to dance.

Longer - Dan Fogelberg (Producer's Choice)

Super song choice by the producers and by far my favorite David song tonight. Even thought Simon called it gooey, he is at least one person's 3rd favorite judge. Awesome! As much as it pains me to say this, David takes round 3.

Syesha:

If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keys (Randy's Choice)

Beautiful cover of Ms. Keys signature track and Syesha is peaking just at the right time. The dress doesn't hurt!

Fever - Peggy Lee (Contestant's Choice)

Now I have a fever, fever for Syesha . Perfect song choice for a future Broadway star. And the Tony goes too... For me, Syesha took round 2.

Hit Me Up - Gia Farrell (Producer's Choice)

Loved the more youthful choice but it may have been too up tempo for her voice. At least she can dance and it was entertaining. Take note David A.

David C.:

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack (Simon's Choice)

Very, very cool [and powerful] rendition of a unique song choice. Round 1 goes to Cook and Cowell!

Dare You To Move - Switchfoot (Contestant's Choice)

Maybe my least favorite song for Mr. Cook this year. On a positive note a sign in the audience stated Cougars 4 Cook,so he's go that going for him [which is nice].

I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith (Producer's Choice)

This was an odd song choice for me but I think David covered it pretty well. I would have liked to seen him get a shot a real rock song. I guess that should have been contestant's choice.

Outstanding Song Choice Award: The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Hottie Of The Week: Syesha in Silver over Syesha in Gold
Should Go Home: David A.
Will Go Home: Syesha

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, May 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To make a few points not completely covered by the Wino to my satisfaction.

1. I would LOVE to see David Archuleta go home this week. That would be awesome.

2. I really don't think Syesha could get any hotter than she is right now. I swear I poured my drink over my head to cool off after "Fever". Frigging sexy baby! Yeah baby! Making me all randy and I don't mean Jackson!

3. I hope Cook gets the #2 position so that he can do his own thing in terms of albums when he gets out of there.

4. E's right that the judges trashed the good songs. David A's gooey song was his best, and Syesha's fever nearly broke the thermometer. I thought Cook's first song was awesome, but he got a lecture from Randy and Paula.

5. The real loser here is American Idol. This season has me in that feeling that it is my last season to invest the time on this show. Even though it is not a passion of mine, I am committed to seeing it through to the finale. I think this will be the last year of me watching it every week. The kids don't even care about it anymore. In fact, they don't care much about TV in general anymore. Must be the warm weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home