Monday, April 16, 2007

Would I Do It

Lisa asked me this morning if I had trained for this year's marathon, would I have gotten up and ran in this spring nor'easter we are current having? I'm really not sure. Chicago was hard enough with the 26.2 miles and the very cold day [40 degrees/30 mile an hour wind] but today's Boston Marathon is something else. Sure the miles are the same but here the course has some hills so just that makes this race probably more difficult than most.

Today's conditions at start time: 48 degrees, 26 mile an hour wind, and heavy rain - now that is down right awful running conditions. At last year's Harpoon 5-Miler it rained a little harder than it will this morning and that was the most unenjoyable run I have had in years so facing this course today would be the biggest mental challenge and for those who are brave enough to take on New England's most famous foot race on a day where mother nature is really showing her full force, I say god bless and good luck. You are all my hero today.

Faced with getting out of bed and strapping on the shoes this morning, I'm not sure I could have done. I just don't know. Godspeed to each and every champion who runs the 111th Boston Marathon today!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, April 17, 2007, Blogger LeeLee said...

I am going to have to interject and say the reason why Harpoon was not fun was b/c of me and not the weather. You are too sweet. If I know you, which I do, you would have been out there and you would have finished! No doubt in my mind.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home