Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Google Maps

I love Google Maps and I use it all the time. I love that Google has a public API for those of you out there who are of the mind to create your own mapping site such as Map My Run, Gawker Stalker, New York City Bar and Subway Map, Daylight Map, or For Sale By Owner [housing] Map. I really love that the Google Guys have a real sense of humor. Here are the drving directions from Boston, MA to London England:

6. Turn left at Milk St 0.2 mi
7. Continue on Central St 0.1 mi
8. Turn right at Long Wharf 0.1 mi
9. Swim across the Atlantic Ocean 3,462 mi
The truth is directions that span the Atlantic are measured from Boston, Massachusetts and Le Havre, France and are clearly impossible by car but I give the guys from Mountain View, CA for having fun with their products. Can't wait until they have added swimming routes across the other major oceans. Maybe for once we could find the current location of Oceanic Air Flight 815.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home