Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Blog on Blog

My good friend Kym [who was not being difficult] asked me this weekend, "what is a blog?". She didn't want me to tell her, because as most of you know I could have since I do know way too much useless knowledge, but rather she asked me to post the answer in my blog. Kind of ironic.

On the other hand, maybe she was just trying to get a mention in the most popular blog on the net! Ok maybe not the most popular on the net, but definitely the most popular with my circle of friends. Ok, ok it's the only blog in my circle of friends but that doesn't make it less popular, but I digress.

Anyway, a Blog is short for Web Log. I guess Wlog just don't roll off the tongue. The Blogging phenomenon really started back in the mid 90's as an online personal diary and the term blog was coined in the spring of 1999 by Peter Merholz, in his blog of course.

So there you have it Kym, my blogrific blog entry about blogging. Hey I think I just coined a new word, a terrific blog entry shall now be known as Blogrific. Well maybe not, but one can always dream...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home