Friday, March 06, 2009

Nickelback - the birthday show

Last night we went to see Nickelback on heir Dark Horse tour at the DCU center in Worcester. The stage was set with the traditional rectangle-at-the-end-of-the-arena setup with a mini stage in the middle of the floor. The small outer circular stage was connected to the main stage via a narrow walkway. Having floor seats [which was general admission/standing room only] just to the right of the outer stage. First up was Saving Able which was good but admittedly was the band on the bill where I had the least knowledge of their music. Next was Seether who have a handful of songs I really liked and they sounded good but I was left a little bored watching their set.

Then came the main attraction - Nickelback. I had seen them 3 times before this show and in some ways I was dreading the number of tracks they were going to play off the new album not because Dark Horse is a bad record I am just more familiar with their past 3 releases. To my delight they only played 4 new songs including Something In Your Mouth, Burn It To The Ground, and Gotta Be Somebody. About half way through the show, the band decided to make their was out the outer stage area just a couple feet from where we were standing. As they neared the center stage area a small drum kit flipped out from under the stage and the boys played a couple tracks including This Afternoon.

All-in-all it was a great show and a pretty awesome way to start my 39th year here on earth.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home