Thursday, February 26, 2009

Why we love and hate Walmart

Having gone for a run today at lunch [on a side note, thank you god for the first semi warm lunchtime] After the run I decided that I no longer wanted to put my cell phone through the ups and downs of yogging [because its a soft j]. Having such great luck with my last player, I decided to go with SanDisk Sansa again, this time it is the Clip model. I have thought a 2GB player, which is twice the size of my current player, ought to be big enough for my exercise, yard work and travel needs.

So down to my local Walmart I go to pick one up. When looking through their display the only model they have is a pink 2 GB for $44.88. Pink is not quite my color of choice so I tried to get some help from the two workers at the technology counter but neither of them seemed interested in helping but they both seemed quite interested in sending text messages. Once I did get his attention I asked if they had any other colors than pink and after he searched the locked cases I was informed pink is all that they had but even those were sold out. I guess low cost comes with low levels of service, but that's ok - it is what it is. For some reason I thought I would take a look for myself and what did I find but a black 8GB player - for $49.99! List price of this model is $99.99 and`out on the web, this model lists for $79.99. Interestingly enough, this model is not currently listed on their website so I guess I was lucky to get one while they last.

So with a little effort and persistence, I was able to get a new mp3 player for basically half of the list price and again see that Walmart is by the far the price leader, even if I hate going there and dealing with the people and their stores.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home