Thursday, April 24, 2008

And then there were 5

I am officially now going to put Brooke in the Should/Will Go Home bucket from here on out until she actually does go home. Based on performances only, she has been by far the worst of the Idol's for the past few weeks. I guess America feels sorry for her because she missed her sister's wedding, perpetually looks like she is going to cry and she forgot the words to her song this week. Sorry Carly, I pegged you for the top 3 given you amazing voice. I guess the voting public just didn't connect your your Irish charm.

As for next week, we will be treated to the songbook of Neil Diamond and while we are down to just 5 singers and I think I could stomach 5 ND tracks I hope they don't double down and give us 10 tracks to sit through. Here are my suggestions for song choices for next week:

David A. - If You Know What I Mean
Jason - Forever In Blue Jeans
David C. - America
Syesha - Cherry, Cherry
Brooke - Be

Although honestly, I would like to see Brooke come out and sing Sweet Caroline [bomp, bomp, bomm] as if she was standing in the bleachers at Fenway after 5 beers and a few hot dogs - just to see if America can actually listen to the songs for one week. So good, so good...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home