Thursday, April 03, 2008

And then there was the Elite 8

After an off week last week, I am back on track with 2 out 3 for the bottom trio and a correct prediction on our departing Ramiele. [Props to the J-Man for posting a perfect predition this week, you da man!] Now that all 4'11" of her is no longer with us, Ryan now can claim the prize for the shortest person left on American Idol. Next week is the Idol Gives Back charity week and last year they went with Inspirational songs and I am hoping they use that theme again, which would give the contestants a large pool of songs to pick from.

In related news, Ellen DeGeneres will not be co-hosting the charity event this year. Apparently, Ellen can participate due to an unforeseen production schedule that conflicts with her show, which is scheduled to tape this coming Sunday. This year's event will include an impressive roster of talent including U2's Bono, Brad Pitt, Reese Witherspoon, Miley Cyrus, Mariah Carey, Eli and Peyton Manning, Fergie, Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood, Annie Lennox, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, Maroon 5, Heart, Gloria Estefan, Celine Dion, Robin Williams, and "High School Musical" stars Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens. All monies raised this year will go to the Children's Defense Fund, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Make It Right, Malaria No More, Save The Children, and the Children's Health Fund.

And finally in related, yet much sadder news, the mother of former contestant Elliott Yamin has passed on Monday night in Richmond, Virginia. Claudette Yamin was 65 years young and will always be remembered by Idol fans as one of the most supportive moms ever. A rep for Elliott released the following statement on Wednesday on the singer's behalf: "My mother touched many people's lives on a local and national level and she will be missed." Yes she will, yes she will.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, April 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, right? I fricking nailed the bottom three! Yeah baby!

So it is just you and I this year, huh? That's OK. I still love you E-Train!

 
At 9:20 AM, April 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee Lee...
Poor Elliott Yamin :( I can't imagine losing my mom, I feel bad for him, he must be lost!

p.s. J-man, I am in it :) Just had some emailin' issues. Now I am back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home