Thursday, December 07, 2006

This is a Blockbuster offer

Until December 21st, Blockbuster is offering 1 free movie rental for NetFlix subscribers. You can get one free rental at Blockbuster stores for each address label they bring in from your NetFlix mailing envelopes. On a side note, I wish I still had my address label from the Superman Returns DVD that I have at home. Oh well, next time.

This is a pretty good strategy for Blockbuster because us NetFlix users will just be handing over our name and address to them for just the cost of a single DVD. Almost free and they get to build a nice list of people who like the service just not their's. Also they get an even more refined list of potential customers who are local and willing to drive to one of their locations. This ties in nicely to their brand new Total Access movie rental scheme. Good idea Blockbuster. I'll make sure I drop in to get my free rental as soon as my next NetFlix movie arrives.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, December 08, 2006, Blogger TheWino said...

At 3:57:04 pm yesterday [Dec 7 2006], I had a visitor to my blog from a company called Blockbuster Entertainment Group in Dallas Texas. Again pretty smart. They are looking to see what the people [bloggers] are saying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home