Monday, August 18, 2008

Suprise

Saturday at 2:30 PM, I pulled into my neighbor's drive way and for a split second she was giving me that look that said we do no have time for this. Just then she released that there were 50 people standing in the driveway waiting to say SURPRISE! Her mouth hung open for several minutes as she first tried to get her head around all of the people there to help celebrate her 40th birthday [which we will be in Hawaii on the day]. Not being the planner in the household, she really thought I wouldn't be able to pull something like this off. Well guess I can. After weeks of planning, emailing friends and family we really got her.

The afternoon was beautiful [thank you god for a nice non-thrunderstorming day], food was delicious, the beer and wine was flowing, the music was oh-so-80's and the laughter, smiles and love was mighty. Once the sun went down, we retreated home to prep for the night of dancing to our long-time friend Chad LaMarsh. On a side note, Lisa and I met at a bar in Boston on a night when Chad was playing and his booze cruise of 1996 was the excuse Lisa's girlfriend used to get her to her wedding shower, so it was more than appropriate Chad was part of the big 4-0 party.

All-in-all, it went better than expected and as great as I had hoped. Thank you to everyone for their help [Lisa is right, I really couldn't do it alone], especially the hosts - you guys really made it happen for me - and thank you, thank you, than you to everyone who came, it was the surprise I was hoping for and the party she was dreaming of.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, August 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those pictures nicely summed up the emotions! if anyone sends you more, let me know! I'd love to have one big compilation of a great day!
Col

 
At 2:17 PM, August 18, 2008, Blogger TheWino said...

That's what I would like to do. If I could get pictures from everyone, I will make CD's of the whole day and mail them out to anyone who wants one.

 
At 6:55 AM, August 19, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee Lee said...
I couldn't have been more surprised! Thank you to everyone who took the time out of their busy lives on one of the only beautiful Saturdays this summer to come surprise/celebrate with me. I was overwhelmed and humbled by all who was there! All my love to the party planners who really really got me. As my all time favorite comedian once said....You got me...my mouth was open ;) I love you all!

 
At 8:30 AM, August 19, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kym said...
It really was a GREAT day....followed by a GREAT night!! We partied like rockstars(and then I paid for it on Sunday!!) but it was worth it!! I am so happy that you were surprised. That picture is awesome!!
Love you...

 
At 9:37 AM, August 19, 2008, Blogger TheWino said...

Kymmie, don't feel bad. Nobody paid the price more than Steve. His comment to me on Sunday was he "never had to drink beer again". But what can the boy do, he loves Birthday Parties!

 
At 7:10 PM, August 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great looking surprise, guess ed still has some imagination

happy 40 liz

 
At 9:37 PM, August 30, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, what a fun day! i think my favorite part of the night was chad and the band singing "i'm bringing sexy back," good times, good times lololol. seriously, wouldn't have missed it for the world! steve not drinking beer again? sure, yeah right! xoxox sandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home