Tuesday, June 12, 2007

wis.dm part 2

As a follow up to yesterday's BOTB post, I posted 5 questions on wis.dm yesterday and got some interesting results. Here are the questions I posted:

1. Easily ignited and capable of burning rapidly is the definition of "flammable" (Y) or "inflammable" (N)?
2. Origin of the universe, "Creationism" (Y) or "Evolutionism" (N)?
3. Do you watch more tv now that you own a dvr?
4. Do you regularly read a blog?
5. Do choosy mom's really chose JIF®?

In my experiment I wanted to span across several topics while seeing if the unanswerable is as popular as a hot topic like religion vs science.

Question 1 can not be answered yes or no because they actually mean the same thing. Even though it can't be answered, 7 people tried and in that small sample, 53% think that flammable is the correct answer.

Question 2, which I thought would have been the most responded to, was by far the most one sided of the 5. With 37 respondents, 92% believe in evolution and one guy even commented with this very funny Family Guy clip.

Question 3, had 9 respondents and 56% feel they watch less which was interesting. A person actually left this comment on the question "I watch much less. I never just turn on the TV to flip anymore." Interesting insight.

Question 4 was the one that got the most responses, which given the nature of wis.dm shouldn't be all that surprising, with 110 respondents and 51% saying no. I guess even with the web 2.0 generation, blogs are still not that mainstream.

Question 5 was of the very trivial variety and only got 9 responses with 78% saying no. But seriously, choosy mom's [and dad's] really do chose JIF®.

So you can see how this could be interesting data for companies or universities but is the array of questions so wide that it making heads or tails of it nearly impossible? Maybe that's where the true wisdom lies.

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, June 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee Lee's answers to your questions.....
1) I would have said Yes (flammable) - call me silly
2) Y - and the funny guy clip was very sarcastic.
3) Y - but we also added on HBO so it's not fair
4) Y :)
5) Y - I have come to learn this in the past 13 years ........

Interesting website. I may ask 5 questions too and get back to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home