Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving - Giving Thanks

In 1621, the Pilgrims of the Plymouth Colony and Wampanoag Indians celebrated what would be considered to be the first Thanksgiving. The Pilgrims set apart a day to celebrate at Plymouth immediately after their first harvest, called the Harvest Festival, which was tradition of the English and Wampanoag alike. While we no longer celebrate the end of the harvest season as our fore-fathers did, this day does give us the opportunity to reflect on the past year and give thanks. Today I want to give thanks for:

My Health: very healthy year and without health, you have nothing
My Wife: who is a constant support for me and everything I do [see job, school, house, marathon, ect.]
My Home: home is where the heart is and I love my home
My Family: even though it is small, they are the best
My Friends: they are the best and we keep each other laughing and smiling
My New Job: Good Company, Product and People
Going Back To School: I may just finish that Masters Degree yet
Traveling: Caribbean Cruise, Montreal, and Chicago were so much fun
Finishing My First Marathon: What a long, long trip it was
Having My Christmas Shopping Done: Enough Said
Winning Radio Contests: Chicago was awesome and I love my mp3 player
Helping Others: Delivering a Thanksgiving Meal to one family today will be the highlight of the day

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home