Monday, May 22, 2006

BB 5K

This past Saturday Kym, Lisa and myself took on the BB 5K in Sturbridge. The event was held to raise money [and awareness] for Melanoma Education & Research. Before the race we were told that the BB represented something that Jennifer Linscott Tietgen used to say, Be a Believer. It was a very warm message to all those who attended and I for one know I was glad I was there on a chilly May morning.

The run was down some pretty country roads along Big Alum Lake however we encounter several hills along the way but what did we expect, a flat spot in central Mass? I don't think so. There we several people along the way cheering us on, many of the participants encouraged each other and the kids at the water station even gave us high-fives!

Kym finished first at 31 minutes and Lisa was right behind her at 34 minutes. I think Kym had an advantage over us since she runs in those hills all the time. Lisa did great only adding about 45 seconds to her normal time which was awesome considering we normally run mostly flat at home. As for me, I finished dead last for runners and only ahead of 5 walkers at 64 minutes but in my defense I did run the course twice.

All in all, it was a great day and I am really proud of the girls and how well they did. Next up, the Harpoon 5 Miler in two weeks, which is sold out so for those of you who have been procrastinating on signing up we'll just have to see you in the beer tent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home