Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Idol, The Morning Aftter We Rocked

Rock & Roll Week! Maybe we might hear Rock And Roll or Rock You Like A Hurricane or Rock And Roll Band or Rock And Roll All Nite. Well probably not but we should hear some rock classics. Note sure if the duet's will be good or not but they should definitely be interesting.

Adam Lambert - Whole Lotta Love

Certainly the only one left that could attempt a true Zeppelin cover. I have not been an Adam fan this year but this was a rockin' performance. Still felt his vocal was too high pitched but overall it was really good. I don't think he be returning to the bottom 3 this week.

Allison Iraheta - Cry Baby

Flawless vocals but I think she be a little unforgettable this week. At this point I think the show becomes more than just vocal talent and it becomes a show about an artist. I'm not overly familiar with the song but it did sound very Joplinish. Here is where Allison is left behind.

Duet 1: Kris & Danny - Renegade

Awesome song choice! Started very strong, the total harmonies were solid and an interesting twist. I agree with Simon, I preferred Danny over Kris on this track.

Kris Allen - Come Together

Wouldn't have been the Beatles song I would have chosen for Kris but this was pretty good. The vocals were good, even if it was a bit to high pitched, and the guitar work sounded solid. Even if this is the end for Kris, I don't think he'll ever forget jammin' with Slash.

Danny Gokey - Dream On

Started a little rough but got much better as the vocal volume got louder. I'm not so sure the really high note at the end was a good idea. I think this is why they don't have an Aerosmith week. I think Danny will get through even if this week didn't quite work for him.

Editors Note: No offense Ms. DioGuardi, but Dream On was released in 1973 while Cryin' and Crazy were released in 1993 - 20 years later. Dream On is early Aerosmith! I know your a big wig in the biz but please bring a little more music knowledge to the show, please.

Duet 1: Allison & Adam - Slow Ride

Interesting song choice but these two sounded better then Kris and Danny. Maybe Adam will ask Allison to guest vocal on his debut album. This last performance may have just saved Allison for another week.

Bound For The Finals: Adam
Bottom Three: Allison, Kris and Danny
Should Go Home: Allison
Will Go Home: Kris

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home