Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Idol, Morning After Everybody's Pick Week

On AI's 300 episode, we get the judges and contestants choice. I usually really like what the judges select so let's see if they can pick something great this week.

Danny Gokey - Dance Little Sister

Paula picked a song I don't think I ever heard before but I have to say I thought it was a solid vocals. Liked how he worked it with the sax guy. More of the same from Danny and definitely a good start to the night.

Kris Allen - Apologize

Randy and Kara went with something a bit more popular than Paula and while his rendition is a straight cover, I liked seeing him at the piano. Kris is musician left and this song was definitely his type of music.

Adam Lambert - One

Simon selected the biggest hit so far and it seems like he may have given some arrangement suggestions. Started off great but he lost me when he went all Mary J. on the song. Seems like he has been already anointed.

Round 1: Kris was my favorite but Adam was clearly the judges pick.

Danny Gokey - You Are So Beautiful

I liked the choice of a Cocker tune and enjoyed the arrangement but didn't love it. Started off a bit shaky but he worked it out in the back half of the song. This might have just punched his ticket to the finals.

Kris Allen - Heartless

Talk about making it your own! Kris totally Allenized this Kayne West hip-hop track into an acoustic pop song in the style of song he will be recording in the next few months. So far, the coolest song of the night.

Adam Lambert - Cryin'

Adam is for sure the only guy [this season] who has the range to really cover Aerosmith. He can definitely sing but again I not a fan of his high note vocal style. Obviously, the judges believe the finals are going to be Adam and one the other two guys.

Round 2: The show is tightening up. Kris was by far my favorite in this round.

After 10 weeks, we have 3 guys who all could end up in the finals or go home as the 3rd best of season 8. Having Adam is the bottom 2 last week really proves it is anybody's game.

Should Go Home: Danny
Will Go Home: Kris

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, May 13, 2009, Anonymous J-Man said...

J-Man:

OK, the girls have been playing Kanye's "Heartless" and I was h8ing it, but Kris's version I could listen to again and again! I think the AI crew was trying to throw him under the bus for an Adam/Danny final, but Kris is not going without a fight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home