Monday, June 09, 2008

Why don't they put the customer in service?

Dear Verizon,

I stopped into one of your branches today to upgrade my phone to a newer model via your $50-new-phone-every-two-years promotion and to sign up for 2 more years of service. After driving over on a very hot day and walking across the mall to your store, your sales representative informed me that since my wife's name in the account manager, I was not able to use the promotion, get a phone or a new service plan unless she was there to sign the paperwork. As I began to leave he also mentioned she could just call and add me as a full account user as well.

Note: I don't think it's good business to turn away customers who show up to hand you money, just my 2 cents.

So much for actually trying help your customer in getting this very simple issue resolved, he let me walk out without the customer service number or offering to help in anyway. After walking halfway down the mall, I turned around and went back to get the magic service number, which he had on a card at his desk. I guess the first time around it was too much effort to reach up and hand it to me. At that point he also mentioned in passing that my name had to be added as some particular type - which I didn't catch because I was done with him.

After driving back to my office it turns out a 2 minute phone call from my wife to customer service got me added properly. I guess he couldn't had tried to facilitate that action while I was looking at new phones. From now on, I think companies like this should no longer be allowed to use the word customer in Customer Service.

If it wasn't for having the best reception in the northeast, I would no longer be a Verizon customer today. So thank you very little Verizon mall guy for providing the wort service of the day.

Verizon Customer 123456789
[because we are all just numbers to Corporate America]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home