Monday, June 16, 2008

Verizon Customer Service, Part 2

Dear Verizon,

I tried again to upgrade my phone this weekend but unfortunately I was again turned away by your retain outlets. This time the problem is not that my name and number has purchase ability but rather I am the second phone number on our family plan. So the sales representative told me that I could not utilize the $50 credit the account has for a phone upgrade but I could pay $20 transfer fee and purchase a new phone if I wanted to. Hmm let me think about that... Nope, thanks.

Yup, that's an 0-for-2 trip to the Verizon retain store.

So after returning home, I called their 800 service line and I was told that upgrading my phone using our account credit is not a problem and she promptly ordered me a new red juke phone which should arrive mid-week. The service rep actually commented that I have no need to go to their physical location unless I need to look and touch a new phone, otherwise everything can be done online or over the phone. Thanks for the tip, so now I will never need to return to one of those -oh-so-unhelpful locations as long as I remain a Verizon customer. Maybe we will start seeing less and less retail stores if this trend of anti-service continues.

Which at this point, is fine with me.

Verizon Customer 123456789
[because we are all just numbers to Corporate America]

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, June 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee Lee...
And I get goofed on cuz I write corporate letters vs. a blog. You and me are the same BOTB...just the same!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home