Friday, November 02, 2007

Ball or Bonds?

Barry Bonds declared yesterday that if the Baseball Hall of Fame accepts and displays his record breaking home run ball marked with an asterisk he's not coming to Cooperstown, ever. When asked about his potential induction ceremony, he said "I won't go. I won't be part of it. You can call me, but I won't be there."

The ball Bonds hit for home run No. 756, was bought by Fashion designer Marc Ecko. After buying the ball, Ecko put it's fate to an online vote and after more than 10 million votes it is going to be branded with an asterisk and sent to the Hall of Fame.

Of course Bonds then followed with the quasi-political flip-flop of "That's my emotions now. That's how I feel now. When I decide to retire five years from now, we'll see where they are at that moment. We'll see where they are at that time, and maybe I'll reconsider. But it's their position and where their position will be will be the determination of what my decision will be at that time."

My guess is when the Hall comes calling, Bonds will not be able to stay away for his potentially last baseball moment of his long record breaking and sometime turbulent career*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home