Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fast food not so fast

People don't go to a fast food restaurant for the high quality food or the outstanding wait staff, what is expected a known product served quickly. This is even more true in the drive through window when the customer doesn't even have time to get out of the car. So today on my way to class after work, I hit a McDonald's [yeah I know the food is not good for you but when you have only a few minutes to eat, you take what you can get] for a simple meal of 2 burgers, fries and a coke. Now you would think this is simplest item you can order at a place that was founded on burgers and fries but apparently that is not so.

After I paid at window 1, I pulled forward to window 2 where I was given my drink and asked to pull up because the fries were not ready. I should have known this was going to be a whole production because how is it possible for a place where fries are part of every single meal on their menu run short at 5:30 which must be a peak time for dinner? I'm not sure and I pulled forward and waited for dinner to be brought to me. After 5 minutes I went inside but they were so busy I was not able to get any one's attention so I returned to my car to wait longer. After another 5 minutes I walked to the windows and after getting a person's attention she asked what I had ordered.

After finding my order [which I am assuming was the one that had a timer next to it that said 10 minutes since order and was pretty easy to find on the screen] the window server retrieved my bag and offered it to me with 3 coupons for something without as much as an apology for forgetting about me. Since I was now running late for class [and wanted to make sure I didn't get run over since I was now standing at the drive through window] I didn't give the coupons a second look until I was back in my car driving to school. Pulling one out I found they had offered me something called a Chipotle BBQ Snack Wrap for my trouble. The front of the card looks like this:



Now I'm not sure if 3 Chipotle BBQ Snack Wrap's are proper compensation for forgetting a customer who has already paid for his meal, running for late for school because they took the concept of fast out of fast food but what should I expect from a situation where the total cost is just of 5 bucks. However when I turned the card over, I found the icing on top of the crappy service. Here is what the back of card reads:



Notice this free offer expired on September 30th. So I guess the "sorry we forgot about you" offer is really a "sorry we forgot about you, how about some worthless coupons we couldn't get rid of last month?" As my wife would say, I am soooooo going to write a letter. Keep your eyes peeled for a McResponse.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, October 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee Lee said....
I am already starting the letter as I read...Not to worry Ed, I will get you fresh free hamburgers and hot french fries for a year.
R I D I C U L O U S....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home