Thursday, March 23, 2006

When spell checkers attack...

or when they fail us miserably because, after all, it's just a computer and it can not think for you. Now most of you know I am not a great speller [but getting better] but the email I got today actually made me laugh out loud.

I am researching a IT services company for a friend of mine and today I get a proposal today by email with the usual pleasantries and a word document attached with their quote. Not more than 40 minutes later I get another email from the same salesperson [with an updated quote] with this as the body of her message:

"Ed, I apologize, I picked up on a typo lease use this proposal instead"

Now I am just waiting for another email that states she found a typo in her follow up email message to me and to disregard the first two messages. Too bad outlook doesn't understand that lease is a miss spelling of please and not just a "contract granting use or occupation of property during a specified period in exchange for a specified rent".

Stoopid Spel Chekers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home