Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A-Roid? Really?

Here is an interview with Alex Rodriguez from December 2007:



KC: "For the record, have you ever used steroids, human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing substance?"

AR: "No."

KC: "Have you ever been tempted to use any of those things?"

AR: "No."

KC: "You never felt like, 'This guy's doing it, maybe I should look into this, too? He's getting better numbers, playing better ball,'" Couric asked.

AR: "I've never felt over matched on the baseball field. I've always been a very strong, dominant position. And I felt that if I did my work as I've done since I was, you know, a rookie back in Seattle, I didn't have a problem competing at any level. So, no."

Pretty good straightforward questions with simple answers, unfortunately they were not so honest. Once word leaked that A Rod failed a drug test during baseball's pre-testing days, he immediately say down with Peter Gammons to give you the real truth:



PG: "Alex, this weekend Sports Illustrated reported that in 2003 you tested positive for testosterone, an anabolic steroid known as Primobolan. What is the truth?"

AR: "When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I felt like I had all the weight of the world on top of me, and I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day.

Back then, it was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young. I was stupid. I was naive. And I wanted to prove to everyone that, you know, I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time. And I did take a banned substance. You know, for that I'm very sorry and deeply regretful.

... The culture back then, and Major League Baseball overall, was very -- I just feel that, you know, I'm just sorry. I'm sorry for that time. I'm sorry to my fans. I'm sorry for my fans in Texas. It wasn't until then that I ever thought about a substance of any kind, and since then, I've proved to myself and to everyone that I don't need any of that."


So now the story is he did use but only because everyone else was and because he had to prove his worth, as in his huge new Texas sized contract. One question still lingers that is Sports Illustrated hadn't broken the story, would he been man enough to come out and say he did it and hasn't need to in the past 5 years? Yeah I don't think so either.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, February 12, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee Lee said...but what about "I've never felt over matched on the baseball field. I've always been a very strong, dominant position. And I felt that if I did my work as I've done since I was, you know, a rookie back in Seattle, I didn't have a problem competing at any level. So, no."

It makes me furious that millions of people are out of work trying to fin for the families to have food, heat and healthcare and this jerkoff still has a job making millions. I guess I wondered why I never really like baseball. I always thought it was boring or hated watching the players take 20 min adjusting their jock strap, their gloves, fiddle around with their bat and oh yeah, I'm at the base to hit the frigin' ball. Now you can add this to the list. I really hate baseball!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home