Saturday, December 06, 2008

It's started

Last night, I went to the mall to try and get some Christmas shopping in. The parking lot was busy but not yet at the must-follow-a-fellow-shopper-to-their-car-or-you-will-never-get-a-spot level. I made a trip up and down a couple of isles until I found a parking space among many empty spots. As I walked toward the mall entrance, I noticed a black SUV with it's blinker on waiting to pull into a spot which I guess was soon to be vacated. This caught my attention because the SUV was parked on the wrong side of the road, which I thought could be a traffic flow problem if any other cars wanted to go either direction in that isle while the SUV waited for their spot. Not giving it much thought beyond that I continued walking toward the mall on a beautiful evening where the outside temperature felt about 40ish. I finally got up to the car the SUV was waiting for and the car was started and the occupant was inside doing, well doing what ever they were doing. Just as I passed by the car in the parking space, the woman in the SUV started to honk her horn as in could-you-vacate-your-spot-now and I thought to myself, now there's the Christmas spirit. The car quickly backed out of the spot and left. Ms. SUV is lucky it wasn't me, because I think I would have turned off my car and went back in the mall just out of spite. Ahh it's the Holiday season just grand?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home