Friday, November 21, 2008

My favorite new website

Have you ever had someone call you to ask a question which they could have looked up for themselves? Directions? Recipe? Phone Number? Computer Question? I have had several occasions where I have been asked for some bit of information and all I did to help out the questioner was to jump over to Google and look it up. Well now I have the ultimate tool for those situations:



The site was the product of a lunchtime chat about Googling stuff for other people. When you use lmgtfy, you get a custom link that you can email someone which first shows them how easy google is and then gives them the actual google page with the search results. For example, say you got a call from a friend who wanted to know how to add an item to your start menu. You could send them a link like this:

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=how+to+add+an+item+to+the+start+menu

[Really click the link, you'll get a kick out of it]

I love the animation that shows you first how to type into Google's input box and then how to click the Google Search button. The site is to be used all those people that find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than google it for themselves.

Don't be suprised if the next time you ask someone to google some information for you that you may just get a lmgtfy link in return. I know I can't wait to use this service!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home