Friday, December 29, 2006

New Year, New Blog

About a month ago, my local newspaper completely revamped its online content and the editor-in-chief published a letter asking for feedback on their new site. I, of course, did and in the same note I asked if they could use a blogger to add additional content to their online presence. I honestly didn't expect for the BOTB to turn into a regular part-time job with my local paper but I thought I would throw it out there, you never know. So what happened? Nothing. No reply. No visit to my blog. Nothing.

At first I was disappointed that I didn't even get a reply from a guy who asked for feedback but it did get me to thinking about what I most enjoyed about my blog in the past 9 months which is posting things from the net that others would enjoy reading, watching, playing with, ect. So starting on January 1st, 2007 I will launch a second blog dedicated to, well I think the title speaks for it's self: Web Of Mass Distraction.

As you can see the first post is there [sans-a-ball-drop video] and for the first week I am keeping this to my closest friends and faithful BOTB readers. In the second week I will send out an email [which I am hoping you can forward to your extended network] about the blog/site.

Thanks to everyone who read this blog over the past year and don't worry, it's not going away it will just return back to it's original purpose: My personal thoughts, ideas, and comments.

PS: For those who have been a long time reader, you may see some of the content from BOTB again on WMD, especially the good stuff.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home