Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Movies

On Saturday I ran 20 miles [and rested for a couple of hours in the afternoon] and Sunday it rained most of the afternoon, so what do I do to pass the time - watch movies of course. I watched some or part of the following films [with some of my own random thoughts about each]:
Stargate - I love the premise and the film, but was this really good enough to spawn 2 sci-fi shows?
The Quick and The Dead - I never really knew why I liked this movie so much until I saw who the director was - Sam Raimi - and then it occurred to me that I just enjoy his films [i.e. Spiderman/Spiderman 2]
Can't But Me Love - I know, bad 80's movie where the guy gets the girl/loses the girl/and get's her back but check out Pre-Grey's Anatomy heartthrob Patrick Dempsey playing the geek [who gets the girl].
The Mummy - Mummies+Treasure+Gun Play+Brendan Fraser+Rachel Weisz=Winner
She's All That - Ok Ok, enough with the bad guy gets girl/loses girl/ends up with girl movies but Lisa pointed out that the actor who plays Mitch [the art house "genius"] also is George Stitzer [background vocalist for the band, who also sings lead on Do You Really Want to Hurt Me] from The Wedding Singer. Now who is this outstanding actor? Enter one Alexis Arquette, brother of Patricia, Rosanna and David Arquette. Good catch honey, I honestly didn't think it was the same actor.
Give me time.....

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, September 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me timeeeeeeeee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home